Monday 15 June 2015

LUX: OPPOSITION BOOK REVIEW

Opposition (Lux, #5)Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I found this series on the shelves of a local Chapters store, and I am glad I finally purchased it. Normally I shy away from alien stories because I sometimes picture ET (not the best way to get attached to characters) and don't want the story to be better than Roswell (one of my favorite shows in high school), but I am glad I went against my gut this time, and even upset that the story had to end in the first installment of this two-part book. That said, I think that the ending was perfect. Without giving away spoilers, it closes many loose ends and sets the end up in a way that allows the reader to imagine what "could" happen next for their favorite characters, which is always a great way to say goodbye and leave the world an author created with their readers. The second story, like a prequel, is about Dawson - all the unanswered questions that Katy and Daemon had about what happened to him explored. I usually don't like to go back to the beginning with new characters, but this was an exception. Highly recommend.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiritborne (Spirit's War, #1)

Spiritborne by K.V. Wilson My rating: 5 of 5 stars I was introduced to this novel on a free platform and loved it so much, I purchased...