Monday 22 June 2015

IGNITE ME BOOK REVIEW

Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I finished this series in a day, it was that addictive. Juliette's journey is astounding and the choices the author makes surprising. Although I can't say my favorites without giving away the end, I will say that it does not follow the "norm" and leaves room for a continuance (without leaving loose ends) should the author decide. Juliette's triumph isn't in how the series end, however, it's in the personal growth she's obtained simply by accepting who she is and following through with the choices she's made.

I love, love, love the metaphors in this series. I am an hourglass. The third book starts with such a powerful line, it's impossible not to fall for the poetic fluidity of the writing, though if I were reading it aloud, sometimes I would feel like I had a bout of OCD. My daughter is only six-years-old, so I would never let her read this because of the violence. However, in another six or seven years, I may just read it with her and edit out the sex so she can discover that there are strong, powerful females. I hope this is one of those series that are made into movies a TV series so I can watch it at least once a week.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiritborne (Spirit's War, #1)

Spiritborne by K.V. Wilson My rating: 5 of 5 stars I was introduced to this novel on a free platform and loved it so much, I purchased...