Monday 15 June 2015

LUX: CONSEQUENCES BOOK REVIEW

Consequences: Opal & Origin (Lux, #3-4)Consequences: Opal & Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I started this series by chance after seeing the books on the shelf at the store. While I was lukewarm about the first two stories because they reminded me of Roswell, I have to say that the next two did not disappoint. I liked them even more than the start of the series. Perhaps because the storyline forked away from what I expected to happen, I was more invested at this point in the characters, or the characters' problems were so much bigger, I couldn't help but connect. But whatever the case, I finished this and started Opposition all in a day.

In the third and fourth books, we get to find out a lot about the aliens heritage, what makes Katy so special, and the oh-so-sweet protective (and sexy and dangerous and vulnerable) side of Daemon. While there is much heartbreak and a lot of rivalry - even between friends - these installments are gripping in the love story they weave, all the while keeping the suspense and mystery of what's going on in the world they are fighting to survive in clear. There were moments when I found myself holding my breath for the characters, and as a reader, there is nothing better than being that sucked into a great story. I'd recommend this to anyone.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiritborne (Spirit's War, #1)

Spiritborne by K.V. Wilson My rating: 5 of 5 stars I was introduced to this novel on a free platform and loved it so much, I purchased...