Monday 15 June 2015

LUX: BEGINNINGS BOOK REVIEW

Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx (Lux, #1-2)Beginnings: Obsidian & Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I purchased this whole series after humming and hawing during many trips to Chapters. Aliens aren't usually my thing, and I see a lot of reviews stating that this reminds them of Twilight, but it took me a while to dig in because it reminded me (in my opinion) of that TV series, Roswell - not that that is a bad thing. I used to be addicted to that show :)

The characters are well-rounded and likeable, and even the antagonist, Ashley, is endearing because she is the perfect little you-know-what. The love story was a bit predictable; however, I really liked the twists and turns that the author created in this world. The setting the author created was great. I especially like the fact that everyone seems to "know" that the aliens are somehow different, but they don't know how. In my opinion, I would imagine more than Dawson's girlfriend would have guessed or caught them being different, but that is the only nit-pick I had. Otherwise, by the end of the second story, I had to go buy the next installment right away. I would definitely recommend this book - and the series as a whole - to fellow readers.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiritborne (Spirit's War, #1)

Spiritborne by K.V. Wilson My rating: 5 of 5 stars I was introduced to this novel on a free platform and loved it so much, I purchased...