Monday 29 June 2015

CONSUME BOOK REVIEW

Consume (The Clann, #3)Consume by Melissa Darnell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


First off (the one negative) I do not like is that Savannah tends to give up quite easily and seems to fight only when prompted to do so. However, I do enjoy the fact that she has a strong set of morals and sticks to her beliefs stubbornly. The fights with Tristan - the way they butt heads now that they can actually be together - was endearing, though I couldn't understand how a girl who wanted something so bad could set it aside so quickly. There wasn't enough effort on the characters' parts to hold onto what they seemed to want for so long. Sure, there is an adjustment period after the kind of change that was affected at the conclusion of the second novel, but really? Come one. I get wanting the mother/father approval and having danger to worry about every time you so much as blink, but that's when you stop pushing away the hot guy you drooled over for years. Don't push him away. (Just my opinion) I think that there was enough obstacles for the characters to overcome - there was some great action scenes - without having to keep the relationship on the cusp of togetherness as it had been in the previous installments.

Savannah's struggle for her friends and family to accept her and be okay with her i.e. not terrified of her throughout the first three novels was well-plotted and I enjoyed how the author tied this up. The end was somewhat predictable; however, I enjoyed the twists Darnell threw in and look forward to the upcoming adventures to see how things continue for other members of The Clann. I gave this book five stars because, despite my "issues", it is a great series and still one of the best books I have read in a long time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiritborne (Spirit's War, #1)

Spiritborne by K.V. Wilson My rating: 5 of 5 stars I was introduced to this novel on a free platform and loved it so much, I purchased...