Monday 29 June 2015

COVET BOOK REVIEW

Covet (The Clann, #2)Covet by Melissa Darnell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The second book picks up right where the first one leaves off. Within the first few chapters, I had tears in my eyes, which I assumed boded well for the rest of the story. The connection between reader and character(s) was well established, the flow was relatively fast-paced (necessary to remain immerse, IMO), problems we can all root for to be solved were developed . . . and then it just died off. At least, it did for me.

I found myself skimming through the pages even though nothing had really changed. Savannah continued to discover more about her new life as her whole world changed, the tension continued to build between her and Tristan, readers discovered more about her friends - and their other half's - and Savannah faced obstacles she only had herself to rely on to navigate out of. Maybe it was because it felt like Savannah didn't fight or because book one was so good - I couldn't help but notice the difference in formatting, either, which was a minor distraction.

By the end, though, I was able to fall back into the story. It was explosive. Because of the beginning and end, I would recommend this to friends and picked up the third novel to see exactly how Tristan and Savannah's story ends.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spiritborne (Spirit's War, #1)

Spiritborne by K.V. Wilson My rating: 5 of 5 stars I was introduced to this novel on a free platform and loved it so much, I purchased...